We’re a company that’s out to make history. We envision a world where every person has the opportunity be engaged in work that is meaningful to them, working alongside people they deeply trust and respect, building towards a common and inspiring vision, and where their work not only calls out their individual greatness, but together leads to creating a world-class, high performing company where everybody wins. At 15Five, we’re building that kind of company and we’re looking for exceptional A-players to join our team.
15Five helps companies create a culture of feedback, having employees feel heard, and providing their managers with visibility into their organizations. It helps teams produce deeper, more trusted relationships over time, helps managers and executives stay tuned in to issues and great ideas as they arise, and ultimately helps everyone win by creating more transparency and accountability. This leads to employees who are more engaged, and teams who perform at a much higher level.
Who we are looking for
15Five is looking for a top-notch Front-end Software Engineer to help us bring user experience to the next level and work closely with our team to build beautiful, clean and simple application. You will work in an amazing environment where both professional and personal growth is promoted. You’ll be playing an important role creating a company that helps others reach their highest potential.
Qualities we are looking for
- Passion for 15Five’s WHY of Creating the space for people to be their greatest selves, and aligned with 15Five’s Values.
- Deep alignment with 15Five’s design values of elegant simplicity, beautiful aesthetic, attention to detail, and human-centric.
- Love writing clean and maintainable code accompanied by useful tests
- Enjoy working in a team of like-minded people yet thrive working independently and own projects
- Have a strong reputation for accountability – your colleagues can always rely on you
- Have an amazing attention to details
- Communicate in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluate information to make decisions
- Desire to always be learning and staying on top of the latest trends and technologies
- You’re passionate about not only being extraordinary in your work life, but creating an extraordinary personal life as well
- Expertise (3+ years) with HTML5 and CSS3/SAAS (Bootstrap) across multiple browsers and operating systems
- Obsession with optimizations – caching, minimal code for fastest loading and rendering
- Experience with unit and functional testing is a plus
- At least 1 year working with React.js
What you’ll actually do
- Collaborate closely with the Product Manager to build detail rich application features
- Work closely with our designers and backend engineers to build beautiful, easy to use interface for our product and website
- Constantly optimize user experience
- Review code of your peers to learn from each other and catch issues early
- Participate in biweekly peer programming day to refactor code or work on your own ideas
- Write unit and functional tests to be used in our continuous integration deployment process