Best-Self Conference Update
It’s with a heavy heart that we share that our Best-Self Conference has been canceled in light of recent COVID-19 events. The health and safety of everyone is our highest priority, and we feel the risks of trying to move forward currently outweigh the benefits. We know that many of you were looking forward to this experience – we were too. We believe that the Best-Self Conference was going to be extraordinary, and we are proud of the effort and thoughtfulness that went into it. The presenters are some of the best in their field, and the venue – 1440 Multiversity – is a beautiful and restorative location.
To our 2020 attendees, we appreciate your patience as we worked through our decision. We will be issuing full refunds to all attendees. We are exploring options to deliver some online experiences in the near future and will share more details as we have them. We look forward to better days ahead for everyone, and the time when our community can come together again.
For additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you’ll leave with:
Additional speakers will be announced soon!
CEO & Founder
Chief Culture Officer
Optimist & Author
Simon Sinek, Inc.
Professor & Author
Managing Partner & Author
Scott Barry Kaufman
Professor & Author
Chief Heart Officer
Executive Coach & Author
Founding Executive Director
Ever Forward-Siempre Adelante
Founder & Executive Director
The Culture Conference
Arrival, Registration, & Check-in
Best-Self Conference Opening
Morning Activities, Breakfast, & Registration
Welcome & Intro Keynote
Morning Activities, Breakfast & Check-out
Best-Self Conference will be held at 1440 Multiversity, which offers immersion learning in a world-class facility nestled in the magnificent California Redwoods. The heart of this resort focuses on building community and deep connections through experiential learning. Each building at 1440 has been thoughtfully placed within its natural environment to encourage groups to spend as much time outdoors as indoors, integrating the overall campus and surrounding forest.
Your ticket includes:
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food prepared is locally sourced and homemade. Meal options range from lively lighter fare, to hearty favorites, and inspired culinary creations. We are accommodating of all dietary restrictions.
You will be offered three supplementary activities a day with access to a soaking tub, sauna, and private hiking trails.
At 1440, your body and mind will come alive with activities like yoga, meditation, expert learning courses, and outdoor exploration in the surrounding nature.
What is included with the conference ticket price?
- Single Occupancy Accommodation (see room types on our ticket page)
- Monday, May 18, 2020: Dinner & Cocktail Reception
- Tuesday, May 19, 2020: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, & After Party
- Wednesday, May 20, 2020: Breakfast & Lunch
- Embodiment Movement and Meditation Classes
- Use of the fitness center & Redwood trails
- Access to the Healing Arts center, steam rooms, infinity-edge hot tub, cafes, and shops
What is your cancellation policy?
- A full refund will be applied to cancellations prior to February 19, 2020
- A 50% refund will be applied to cancellations that occur between February 19, 2020 and April 19, 2020
- No refund will be offered to any cancellation after April 19, 2020
I can only attend for a day. Is there a day fee for the conference?
There are no day passes available for this event.
I live close by; can I commute?
We have a limited amount of commuter tickets available. We strongly encourage you to stay on site with us to allow for full immersion into the program’s experience.
Is double occupancy available if I am attending with a friend or partner?
We are offering a discount on ticket prices for double occupancy rooms. If you know someone you’d like to share a room with, please contact us for more information.
Can I extend my stay before and/or after the conference is finished?
Yes! As long as you are a registered attendee, you may contact 1440 Multiversity to extend your stay before/after the conference. Subject to availability.
Where is 1440 Multiversity?
1440 Multiversity is in the Redwoods of Scotts Valley, California, between Santa Cruz and Silicon Valley, and within easy reach of San Francisco. 1440 Multiversity’s address is 800 Bethany Drive, Scotts Valley, CA.
How far is 1440 Multiversity from the nearby airports?
- From Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC), the estimated travel time to 1440 Multiversity is 30 minutes
- From San Francisco International Airport (SFO), the estimated travel time to 1440 Multiversity is 60 minutes
- From Oakland International Airport (OAK) the estimated travel time to 1440 Multiversity is 60 minutes
What time should I arrive/ How should I plan my travel?
Traffic in the Bay Area can get heavy. We encourage you to allot plenty of time to arrive in order to participate in the full program. Please tag on an additional hour to your drive time if you are arriving or departing anytime between 2pm and 6pm.
For those arriving Monday, May 18, 2020 registration is between 12pm-3pm. The program begins that day at 3pm. On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 the program ends at 3pm. Please plan your departure accordingly.
What time will my room be available for check in? When is check out?
- Check in is at 4pm on Monday, May 18,2020.
- Check out is at 10am on Wednesday, May 20, 2020.
- 1440 concierges will be available to help store your luggage upon arrival.
What kind of food is available at the conference? Are there vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free options?
All meals are fresh, organic, locally sourced, and seasonal. There are also options for plant-based cuisines. Each daily menu includes options for sustainable sources of animal protein, as well as gluten-free, lactose-free, and paleo options.
If you have specific dietary requirements, please contact 1440 Multiversity directly to let them know in advance.
What Meals are included in my ticket price?
- On Monday May 18, 2020: Dinner & Cocktail Reception
- On Tuesday May 19, 2020: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- On Wednesday May 20, 2020: Breakfast & Lunch
Are meals available for purchase if I arrive early or stay late?
Lunch and dinner are available for purchase at the Kitchen Table on campus for an additional fee. Snacks and Beverages are available at the Common Ground Cafe on campus for an additional fee.
What is the dress code? What should I pack?
Comfortable and casual attire is recommended for each day of the conference. Bring clothes you feel comfortable participating in activities with.
We recommend bringing the following:
- Layers! Layers! Layers! Because of the Bay Area’s unpredictable micro-climate, clothing items such as a light sweater, jacket, scarf, or rain gear might come in handy.
- Walking shoes, hiking shoes, or sneakers with traction to enjoy the Redwood trails
- Exercise and/or yoga attire, and an exercise mat if you prefer to use your own
- Bathing suit
- Eye covers and/or ear plugs for those in pod accommodations and shared rooms
- Slippers, flip-flops, robe
Is there Wifi Available?
Yes. Wifi is available throughout the campus. Please note that to support personal relaxation, there are no televisions or phones in the guest rooms.
I have special accessibility requirements. Will that be accomodated?
We strive to make our event as accessible as possible. Please let us know if you need any special accessibility requirements.